Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Light Fixtures on a Budget

So today we got some of the initial prices for the rebuild of our house...which has me thinking about budgets. I love the idea of having distinctive details rather than run-of-the-mill builder grade options, but that comes with a price tag. Right now I'm looking for ways to cut back on costs, not spend more. So I've been exploring some budget-friendly options for light fixtures with a coastal feel--and the good news is I found plenty of good possibilities.



Nantucket Ceiling Light

I love this fisherman style ceiling light from Shades of Light. In addition to the antique copper finish shown here, this fixture also comes in brushed stainless steel and black charcoal. It's a lot of style for $99.


Hampton Bay Esdale Flush Mount

Here's a different, but equally charming look. This school house style fixture is from Home Depot and it's under $50!


Barn Light Hack from At Home on the Bay


I love barn light fixtures and this color is fabulous. This is one you won't be able to find in a store because it was hacked by Mary from At Home on the Bay from a 10" Ikea Foto Pendant Light! At $14.99 how can you go wrong? Ikea also sells these lights in larger sizes--a 15" light is $24.99 and a 20" for $29.99. I think the larger size would work well over a round dining table. Here's a link to the tutorial the on Mary's blog.




Olinda One Light Mini Pendant

Overstock.com has lots of interesting options including this nautical pendant light in an oil-rubbed bronze finish for under $40.


Fisherman Pendant

I'm pretty much a sucker for all things Pottery Barn and I'm still traumatized by my local PB Outlet closing...but that's another story. Anyway, this Fisherman Pendant is from PB Kids and at $79 is a bargain.

Ottava Pendant Light


Ever since I first saw this fixture in a picture of a kitchen on Pinterest, I knew I had to have it. I love everything about it, the iconic shape, the chrome finish, the mouth-blown glass shade...Best news? It's from Ikea and it's only $29.99. Maybe sticking to a budget isn't so bad after all.




2 comments:

  1. Lisa, This is a great round-up of budget friendly coastal lighting ideas. I'll have to pin it for future use. Thanks for including the Ikea Hack Barn Light!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Mary! How sweet of you to comment!

    ReplyDelete