Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Beach House Kitchen



On to the next challenge--the kitchen. This is a tough one. The current kitchen is...awful. Dark, old, falling apart. There's really nothing good to say about it.



It actually looks worse in person than it does in these photos. When I first saw it, I thought I would paint the cabinets and try to live with it. However, once I took a close look at the cabinets, I realized it wouldn't be worth it. They're in rough shape and the quality wasn't that great to begin. 

Here's more of what I had in mind:








The plan:
It all has to go--new cabinets, appliances, lighting, back splash.
Keep the same basic layout to save on costs.
Add an island.
Make it light and bright.
Continue the same laminate from the family room.
Shaker style off white cabinets and updated hardware.
Lots of bead board.
Farmhouse sink.
Butcher block counters.



Kitchen cabinets, cabinet hardware, sink, island, bar stools: Ikea
Pendant: Pottery Barn Kids
Wall paint: BM Sea Foam
Floor: Bruce Reclaimed Chestnut Laminate

© Salt Marsh Cottage 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment