Friday, April 14, 2017

Quick & Easy Easter Centerpiece

Can you believe it's Easter this weekend? Where does the time go? Hopefully, you're more on top of things than I am and have everything all figured out. In my case, we arrived at the beach house Wednesday night and I had nothing ready.  Like there was a very brown Christmas wreath on the front door. Not exactly springlike. Did I mention we're having nine people for dinner on Easter? So I needed a quick and easy centerpiece. Here's what I came up and it took all of ten minutes!






It's simple and festive. Because it's low, it won't interfere with people talking across the table. And with the exception of the plants, I already had everything I needed.

If you want try this yourself, here's how to do it:

  1. Place 3 small flowering plants  (I used African violets from the grocery store) in decorative pots (I used small galvanized pails from Ikea). This will allow you to keep the plants watered without flooding your arrangement. 
  2. Arrange the pots in an oval tray, bowl, or basket. I got this wooden one at Home Goods last fall.
  3. Fill in with some moss.
  4. Nestle a few Easter eggs in the moss. I used 8 craft eggs that I had painted a robin's egg blue.
I added a couple of candlesticks on the side. Done!

I hope you have a lovely weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment