Hi! I'm Lisa. Welcome to Salt Marsh Cottage, a collection of DIY projects, coastal decor, and design brainstorming. The name is in honor of our beloved cottage on a salt marsh in Connecticut that was destroyed by Hurricane Sandy in 2012.
|Our Old House|
|Our New House|
Some random facts about me:
- I've loved design since forever. When I was a little kid I used to draw "house plans" for my dream home and was constantly rearranging my room.
- The farthest I've ever lived from the coast is 150 miles. The closest I've ever lived is 4 blocks.
- I'm married to my high school sweetheart and we have two incredible grown daughters and one very small dog.
- I come from a long line of DIYers. I think I was a teenager before I found out you could actually hire people to do stuff around your house instead of doing it yourself.
- I love the beach in the fall and winter.
- When I'm not at the beach I live in the Washington DC area where I'm a college professor.