Friday, October 21, 2016

A Coastal Classic: Stripes




I just love stripes, don't you? They're crisp and clean and they can give a home just the right coastal touch without going overboard. They always look classy, not kitschy. And stripes can work anywhere in the home. Here are some great pieces I found that will add some stripes to your life.

Family Room

Wouldn't this chair look lovely next to a white slip-covered sofa?

I like the way this pillow combines both coastal and farmhouse elements.

I bought this rug for my living room (You can see it in the "after" pics in this post). Because it's indoor/outdoor I don't have to worry about stains. But it doesn't look or feel like an indoor/outdoor rug--it's really soft underfoot. Love. It.
 
I think this would be perfect for storing magazines or even dog toys in the family room.


Bed & Bath


 
If you think stripes are too summery for year round use, think again. This bedding is made from brushed cotton flannel.


 
This throw is a generous 70" x 50" and made of 100% organic cotton.

 
Stripes are a natural in the bathroom and a shower curtain is a great way to add some pattern and color to a neutral bathroom.


Kitchen & Dining



 I like the slightly blurred stripes on this bowl. I think it would be perfect filled with red apples.



Two of my favorite elements, stripes and sisal, are combined in these placemats.


I really love the different shades of indigo in these napkins. They would add a casual, handmade feel to a table setting and would work so well with other coastal elements.




I can't imagine that I would actually use this to make pickles, but it sure would look nice as a holder for cooking utensils by the stove or maybe filled with ice to chill a bottle of wine.


 This is just so cute and classic.


I think this would look lovely for Thanksgiving dinner--as well as any other time of year.

So are you a fan of stripes, too? Where do you use stripes in your home?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment