Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Latest Find: Something for the Bar Cart

Hello all,
Work has been so busy lately, that I haven't had much time to blog. I'll try to catch up a bit.

So a couple of weeks ago, I got to spend the day with my best friend, D. We decided to do what we love to do best--hit the antique/thrift/vintage stores! D lives within a short drive to some amazing places. Among our favorites are the Wrentham Country Store in Wrentham, MA and WinSmith Mill Market in Norwood, MA. You should definitely check them out if you're in that neck of the woods.

Anyway, I was looking for something to use to set up a bar when we have everyone over for Thanksgiving. D spotted this vintage Coca Cola crate and told me to check it out. It was just what I was looking for (and only $25)!

Check out the chippy paint...


And the metal strapping on the corners.


The compartments are just the right size.


And it's got these cute hand holds on the sides.


Here's what it looks like all decked out.




There's plenty of room for liquor bottles, mixers, a cocktail shaker, and bar tools. I usually set up the beverage station on the porch when we have parties. I'll add an ice bucket and glasses. I have an old copper washtub that I keep nearby, filled with ice to chill wine, beer, and soft drinks. Time to get the party started!


 
 
Tutorials and Tips Link Party button

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this. We have very few people that drink and it seems such a waste of space to setup a big bar. I can see this filled with wine, fruit juices, and all the goodies people like in their 'custom' waters. Thanks for the idea, I have two old pop crates somewhere in the garage, that will go to good use, Thanks, Sandi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sandi! I'm so glad you like the idea.
      Best,
      Lisa

      Delete