Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Coastal Basement Project: Progress Report

Well we're making some progress on the basement. You may remember we started work on the basement earlier this year. If you want to see what it looked like when we started, you can see the before photos here. We still have a ways to go, but here's what it looks like now.


We have some of the furniture in, but we still need to get the love seat to match the sleeper sofa and the day bed to fit in the alcove. I just love the stripes on these slipcovers. It's such a classic coastal look.


I added the mantel I picked up at the salvage yard and look how perfectly it fits the electric fireplace! I still need to paint it and I'm going to add some tile to fill the gap between the fireplace and the mantel.


This is looking back toward the stairs. I'm using our old dining table with the faux zinc top so we have a place for playing games and doing puzzles. Here's a close up of the surface.


I pulled this rug from upstairs. I had it under the dining table, but the texture made it hard to slide the chairs in and out. I think it works much better here.


In order to keep things bright, I wanted to use a light color on the walls. This is Horizon by Benjamin Moore. The trim is BM Super White.



I have a lot of wall space to deal with, although my husband has already claimed the spot over the fireplace for a really big TV. I was out antiquing with my friend, D, last week and picked up this vintage oar for $15. I just love the worn paint. I think it will end up going over the sofa. I also have the vintage signs I worked on recently. Last week I picked up some prints at Luckett's Spring Market that I'm in the process of framing.


I hope to have this finished by the end of June. Stayed tuned for more updates.



No comments:

Post a Comment